Our theme this term is: Past, Present, Future!
Welcome back to the Spring term. The children have made an excellent start to the academic year and we know that this will continue throughout this term.
Things to Note:
- PE is on Tuesday (with Mr Dow) and Thursday so please ensure your child has the correct indoor and outdoor PE kit in school.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due back in the following Thursday. Please be aware if it is handed in after this time it may not be marked that week
- Spellings will be given out every Friday and tested the following Friday. Each week, children will learn about a spelling rule of which 5 of their spellings follow. The remaining 5 are personal to each child and are informed by their spelling in their work across the curriculum that week.
- Reading Bullseye: In our classroom we have a reading bullseye. Each child has their own arrow and is able to move it in each day they read. A child reaches the bullseye when they have read 5 times in 1 week (including any reading complete over the weekends). This earns them 1 house point and are entered into our class book raffle.
- Book Raffle: Any children that reach the bullseye any week are given a raffle ticket and enter into our class reading raffle. Every 6 weeks, Miss Jones will pull out a raffle ticket and the child that wins gets to choose from a selection of brand new books.
Useful documents and links to help support your child at home