Welcome to Class 1 We are Reception and Year 1 children Look below at what we have been learning.
Welcome back to the Spring Term. Throughout this term we will be exploring Time: Past, present and future.
We will be reading stories such as Cave Baby and How to wash woolly mammoth as well as looking closely at the book
A street through time.
We are also very excited to be taking part in a Roman Day. Come back to see the photographs.
Welcome to the new term in Class 1. This term we will be Reaching for the Stars. We are very excited about having a Planetarium visit our school. Come back in October half term to see what we learnt.
The children have been getting busy choosing their Rainbow Challenge activities. Here are some photos of us engaged in these learning through play opportunities.
Kinetic Letters - Letter Formation
The children follow the adventures of Bouncy the brave monkey and Skip the scared monkey. We will first learn different sitting, kneeling and lying positions that will help to strengthen our bodies ready for writing. the next step is to make sure that our hands are ready for controlling the pencil and holding the pencil with the pincer grip. we will also be learning the 6 moves or strokes that are essential for forming letters. when the children are introduced to a new letter family they will bring home a sheet showing how each letter in that family is formed. Please help them to practice this whenever they are engaged in writing at home.
Year 1 Spellings
Children will be given their spellings at the beginning of each term. Please use the book we send home to practice in and we will then record in there the spellings the children require further help with and their score out of 10.
Click here to read the Helping Your Child to Read and Write Booklet
Click here to read the Parents Guide to Phonics
Below are copies of our class newsletters. Please click on the link to find an overview of what we are learning each term.
We are currently following Cycle B
We are working towards the Early Learning goals. Click here to view them.
- Reading Books will be changed on a Friday, please read regularly with your child each week (see the link above for Helping your child to read booklet)
- High Frequency Words - please help your child to read and write these words. As soon as they are able to read and write these independently we will move on to the next phase.
- PE is on a Wednesday, please make sure that their kit is in school on these days
- Library Books are changed on a Tuesday
- Water Bottles - please make sure that your child has them in school.
- Homework - This will be given at the beginning of each term and will last for the whole term. (Starting from January)